Are You Ready for Some Good Carma?

Pet-Bloggers-Gift-Exchange-graphic  Welcome, welcome 2014!!  Are you ready for some Good Carma?

Of course you are!  Well good news!  You’ve arrived at the right place my friend. Pour yourself a cup of coffee, splash a healthy shot of Bailey’s in it and sit down, I’m going to share some really good Carma with you.

I’m talking about Carma Poodale of course.  I was lucky enough to draw Carma Poodale’s blog in the Pet Blogger’s Gift Exchange hosted by Pamela at Something Wagging This Way Comes and AJ from I Still Want More Puppies!

Isn’t she adorable? She even has her nails painted. Pawicure please Shamelessly stolen from Carma’s blog.

I was surprised by what I discovered by exploring Carma’s blog.  For instance, I had no idea that Carma was a service dog for a person with MS.  Yes Carma PoodaIe is a medical alert/mobility dog.  Part of her job is to help her person with balance (getting up and down, or moving from room to room) but she is also trained to notice fatigue and lead her person to a chair or find a place for her person to lean, if need be.  She is also trained to remind her person to take medications.  Carma is also able to fetch dropped items, retrieve canes or pull wheel chairs!  I don’t know about you, but that is pretty impressive to me.

Service dog Again, shamelessly stolen from Carma’s Blog.

The other thing that really impressed me about Carma is that she is extremely active with her local Humane Society.  Carma and her mom educated people about spay/neuter, work to find forever homes for the animals housed at the Humane Society, raise funds for the shelter and encourage better pet parenting.

Carma and Mom Carma and her mom, you guessed it, shamelessly stolen from their blog.

What’s not to love about Carma and her blog?  I look forward to learning more about her in the new year.  You can follow Carma on her social media outlets listed below.

Google +

Facebook

Twitter

Comments

Wishing you and your family Jodi a very Happy & Prosperous New Year. May all your dreams come true in 2014. Have a wonderful Wednesday and we hope you had a pawsome night.
    Best wishes Molly

Great post and great job stealing pics ;) I was actually thinking about her this morning before I read this post, so it was perfect! Happy 2014!

Pawsome! Why am I not following this blog? I need to go sign up for email alerts. I’m already following Carma on FB, Twitter, and G+. Thanks and Happy New Year! :)

I follow Carma on Facebook but don’t get over to her blog as often as I’d like to. I knew she was some kind of service dog, but didn’t really know the details. How cool. Thanks for telling us more about her!

Wow, how awesome! Service dogs never cease to amaze me. Dogs in general never cease to amaze me.
    Carma is one gorgeous and incredibly smart pooch! I love her manicure, too cute! The picture of her and her mom is also very sweet. :)

Did you meet Carma and her mom at BlogPaws this year? They’re an awesome team.

Blogging about a dog you love but who also works with you is fabulous.

Thanks so much for pouring on the love and compliments for Carma Poodale. This is a fabulous gift in the Pet Blogger’s Gift Exchange.

Thank you for all the kind words. I was happy to be paired with you for the blogger exchange program.
    For everyone’s questions about service dogs, yes Poodles make excellent service dogs ,I think, but I am a poodle :-) Most people choose a labradoodle because of the grooming maintenance. They have a softer coat, less likely to need constant brushing and trimming as a standard poodles needs. We need to be groomed about every 2 weeks where doodles can go 4- 6 weeks.
    Happy New Year Everypawdy!

What an absolutely fantastic post – such a sweet gift! I loved reading about Carma and her mom – thanks for joining the gift exchange this year. :)