Where Have You Been?

One of the big reasons I started this blog was for all the crazy, funny things my dogs do that bring a smile to my face or a laugh to my lips.

Sometimes it’s not easy to write a full blog post about it and sometimes I forget to share.

Some posts will be You Make Me Laugh and others will be You Make Me Smile, but they will all be the silly, sweet, funny things Sampson and Delilah do that help make crazy days just a little bit easier.

Sampson, when you wait up for the Mama to come home….

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

you make me smile and feel oh so loved.

Friday night I had the pleasure of babysitting my grandchildren, Hubby had to work yesterday so he was in bed by the time I got home.

Delilah came sleepily out of the bedroom to greet me, but not Sampson.  I thought to myself, nice he doesn’t want to give up his spot on the bed.  Then I went into the living room.

There he was curled up on the couch waiting for me.  Hubby said he refused to go to bed without me.

God I love this dog!

Do your pets wait up for you when you’re out late?   Feel free to sound off in the comments.

Comments

Oh yes, always. If I go out on my own Poppy lies in the hallway waiting patiently for my return – even though hubby is there. If he goes to bed before me, she sits with me until I go. My shadow!

Sampson is loyal and true. When Mom leaves me alone, I worry for about 3 minutes and then do some mischief and take a nap and forget she even exists. When she gets home, I am always surprised and happy at the unexpectedness of the event.

3. Mrs Sonya Yoder says

My Sampson’s Indian name is “Head up her Butt” because that is where his head would be if I stopped suddenly!!!!!! Love him lots. He always waits for Mama and Daddy to come home.

Sam used to. It is one of the many things I miss about him. Monty goes to bed on his own, and Harlow is kind of all over the place.

Monty and Harlow

Awww! A couple of years ago, Bunny and I went away with a friend on a trip. Morgan was so mad at my husband (because it had to be all his fault) that she slept in the basement the whole time we were gone. When he told me about it, I said, “Well, maybe it was cooler down there.” The first night Bunny and I were home, Mo was back in the bedroom!

I’m afraid not, when I come home late it’s usually to Fozzie and Florian having a make-out session and Lamar snoring loudly in his bed. I still love them like crazy, probably ought to have my head examined.

What a sweetie-boy Sampson is! ♥ Pierson is always excited to see me when I get home, even if I’ve only been gone for a few minutes. With Maya, it depends on how long I’ve been gone. She ranges from being too busy sleeping to care to going absolutely bonkers.

Nope, mine just go to bed with Dad. They don’t even usually hear me come in….then they’ll bark when I finally get to the bedroom. They say hello, and then go right back to bed!
    However, my hubby does say that they bark a lot when I’m gone, at every noise or imagined noise….almost like they really are listening for me to come home!