Here They Are

I want to thank you all, for your hard work at promoting the calendar contest.  All told we had 3,202 voters!  That to me is totally amazing.

Not surprising to any of you who voted, the top spot was quite a competition.  Right from the start Ryder came out hard and fast, but Teach quickly caught up.  Unfortunately there can only be one cover spot and that spot belongs to Ryder from All Things Collie.

The rules this year stated the dog with the most votes could choose which month they’d like to be featured in, and Ryder has chosen the month of July.  Which means the calendar will shake out like this:

There you have it, the twelve dogs who will be featured in the 2014 Dogs of Blogville Calendar.  The good news is that while these twelve dogs are being featured, all of the dogs will be included in the calendar!

I know you’re all dying to know the details of ordering, but I haven’t quite gotten that figured out yet.   Last year it was a combination of paypal and e-mail and required me keeping a spreadsheet and matching e-mails to paypal to spreadsheet, well you get the point.  I’m currently looking for a plug in that will allow me to gather all the information right here on the blog to make it a tad bit easier.

Last year the calendars sold for $20 with just about $10 of it going to our blog friends at Champion of My Heart.  I anticipate the price will be the same as last year but was hoping I could get folks to help out by consolidating orders.

Example, you have five co-workers who want calendars.  You collect their money and place one order for six calendars. I send you six calendars which saves about $25 in shipping, which in turn will go into our fund for our friend Benny.  Then you in turn distribute the calendars to your co-workers.  It will also help me in my record keeping.

What you can do now is start asking around to all your friends who voted and ask them if they will be ordering calendars.  Get a good idea of many people want them.

In the meantime, I will work on a system for ordering and Julie will start working on the calendar.  By this time next week I hope to have everything in place so we can start taking orders.

Again thank you all for the hard work you did in promoting your blog and pictures, let’s make this next phase of our fundraiser just as successful!

Comments

Holy cow that is alot of votes. good for you gals putting on such a great fund raiser event. i’m so happy Norman is August. you can bet i will be buying up some calendars. thanks for your hard work and the work to come. congrats to all the winners the photos are really great.

Thanks to you and Julie for all the hard work so far. It was a fun competition. We aren’t real good at asking or votes, so we did not expect to win but the first few days when we were in the running it was exciting! That is great that everyone will be included and you had such a wonderful response!

Thanks for all the hard work on this. So glad Rita got a spring month, with my pots in tthe background. My little helper. Can’t wait to see everypawdy’s pics in the final product!

4. Callie, Shadow, and Ducky's Mom says

You and Julie are a great team! Thank you for all the work you’ve been doing to put this calendar project together! You’re both amazing! Hubby and I are looking forward to our Dogs of Blogville calendars! I might even buy some extras for Christmas gifts!

5. Callie, Shadow, and Ducky's Mom says

And how could I have forgotten?! A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners! Great photos! I had to vote for a different photo every day to get in all my favorites; and I still couldn’t get votes in for all of them!

6. Susie and Sidebite says

WOW, still can’t believe little ME made it, the contest was fun, but Mom and Dad sure did worry for ME (they worked their tails off, as they are not very good at begging, Heeheehee). But it’s all worth it for Benny!

Thanks for all the hard work gals on putting this together!!

Now it’s over, let’s sell like 87,000 calendars for my pal BENNY!

Susie (Da Sus)
    The Mad Scots

What a good looking group of dogs – can’t wait to see the finished calendar and I love that all the dogs who entered will be in there. So fun!

Bella is happy to see she made the top 12 – but now she’s totally got a big ego. ;)

8. Frankie and Ernie says

OMD this is gonna be an OUTSTANDING CALENDAR… ONE that EVERYBUDDY in BLOGVILLE will want to have PROUDLY Displayed !!!

We send our HEARTFELT CONGRATULATIONS to EACH AND EVERY WINNER… and TO ALL WHO PAWTICIPATED.

AND we want to say a very BIG THANK YOU for doing this fur us. It is MUCH appreciated!!!!

Congratulations to all the calendar dogs! What a great concept and lots of hard work to pull it all together, well done. The calendar is going to be stunning and it’s wonderful that all the entries are going to be featured.

I have already talked with my sis – I think WE will be able to consolidate and I will see who else if any. As Shiloh’n Diva Shasta would say – WAHOOZIEZ COOL DOOZIEZ – WHATA FURRY MOST WUNNERFUL CALENDAR THIS WILL B.
    Congratulations to all the wonderful photographers!
    Mom Kim

You worked super hard and we sure appreciate it! It’s gonna be a wonderful calendar and we can’t wait to buy them for Christmas gifts!

Congrat’s to all of the winners!

Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

Congrats everyone! We certainly dropped the ball (no pun intended) on our votes, can’t even compare with the winners! Great job!

Can’t wait to see the finished product. Thank you for making such an effort to include all the entries. Lola and Lucy are going to ruv it!

Those are some awesome photos! I wish I had more time to devote to getting Maya votes, but I must say these winners are truly deserving. I can’t wait until the calenders are ready to order. :)

Yay! Congrats to all the winners! This is going to be a great calendar! I’m a little bummed that none of my Doxie pals will be featured, but it’s great to know they’ll still be in there somewhere :). All the winners are very deserving… very beautiful photos!
    There are some simple shopping cart plugins out there, as well as ordering buttons that you can get straight from PayPal. It looks like the other awesome Jodi has offered her help :).