Delilah – You Make Me Laugh – July 21, 2013

One of the big reasons I started this blog was for all the crazy, funny things my dogs do that bring a smile to my face or a laugh to my lips.

Sometimes it’s not easy to write a full blog post about it and sometimes I forget to share.

Some posts will be You Make Me Laugh and others will be You Make Me Smile, but they will all be the silly, sweet, funny things Sampson and Delilah do that help make crazy days just a little bit easier.

Feel free to share what your pet does to make you laugh/smile in the comments.

Smelly

Rolling Smelly

This is something I wish I could catch on video.  She trots along in the field with her nose to the ground, then suddenly she seems to practically dive into the grass and begins to roll around, carefree and happy.  Once she’s completed her mission, she jumps up and continues on her way.

Her enthusiasm to throw herself into whatever she’s doing is one of the many things I love about Delilah.

Your turn. Sound off in the comments.

Comments

1. Sheena says

Mo likes to rub himself along the molding on the bottom of the wall in the morning after arising and the in the evening before he climbs into bed. As he does this he snorts with pleasure. He does however, forget that there is the door opening to the bathroom which he falls into when he does this. I laugh EVERYTIME!

There are some things that you humans can’t figure out how to capture. I actually skip when I walk, like a little human girl, but Mom can’t figure out how to get it on video as I don’t do it all the time. It is not in her imagination as others have commented on my skipping. Hopefully one day you will capture Delilah’s move and Mom will get me skipping. Sometimes I roll in poo or some other treasure but for some reason Mom doesn’t want that on video.

Was this a clean roll or a smelly roll? Mine will be trotting along then just pounce on something. Never quite know what they just pounced on. Have a great Sunday.

Ash will roll over in the grass on her back and rub her back back and forth. Then she will roll over on her stomach and crawl and it isn’t for a short distance either. She crawls on her stomach down the hill in our backyard which is quite a ways. She never ceases to amaze me!

It’s just times like that you wish you knew exactly what these pups were thinking before and after! Or maybe they aren’t thinking and that’s what makes it so fun for them! :-)

I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that our new foster boy Sunny may a little smarter than the average bear, he’s done a few things that have surprised me…. We’ll see!

6. Sue says

Shadow makes me laugh when she jumps out of her skin, surprised by the sound coming from her behind as she “bottom burps” (farts). I know it’s not funny to her, but the look on her face just tickles my funny bone.

Wonder what good smell makes her roll? At the hunt test this past weekend, one of the Goldens found the bird, but before he brought it back he stopped to roll on it. lol

Bob does that and its super cute, but sometimes he will NOT STOP! He might do it forty times on a short walk then its a little less cute. He is a stubborn boy. makes me laugh though

urban hounds

We collect our grass clippings – some for mulch and some for compost – which results in some large piles. Rosie’s eyes are full of delight when she sees them. She runs to each pile in turn and flings herself onto and into them. A long delicious roll, then off to the next. It is so hilarious that I don’t mind raking up the piles :-)

LOL! Even when they do something gross or naughty, they are still cute! The look on Maya’s face cracks me up when I catch her in the garden. And both Maya and Pierson are absolutely adorable when they play by themselves. If they notice I’m watching, though, they stop.

Ha – Blueberry loves a good roll in something smelly too or maybe she just likes the way the grass scratches her on the back. But yeah, it always makes me smile. :) And of course it always makes me laugh when she sees me reading or playing on my phone and has to intercept whatever has gotten my attention away from her by rolling on the book or phone so I have no choice but to pay attention to her!