Simple Mathematics

Here’s a simple equation for a Sunday morning.

Jack ‘N Jill party on Saturday night + move the clocks ahead + sleep-in Sunday for the Mama = ?

If you answered, one bored, destructive lab give yourself a gold star!

I’m not really sure how, but I managed to sleep until just after nine o’clock this morning (hence the late post.)  Since I really need a coffee and something to eat before I walk the dogs, I settled down on the couch to write my post and make sure I was awake.

Delilah was bored. (Never a good thing.)

IMG_4337 This ball is evil, it must be destroyed.

IMG_4345 So is this stuffed Frisbee.

IMG_4343 There, the evil toys have been destroyed, you are safe now Mama.  Please take us for our walk now.

Yes my sweet, I need to eat something first, walking through all that snow is exhausting.

How does your dog let you know what (s)he needs?

Comments

My cousin Lena is a Lab and she is supposedly destructive, so at home she has no toys. When she stays with us for her spring break every year, like now, she always is playing with our toys but she has never destroyed them. She is much more nervous than Katie and I are, we are pretty mellow pups. Mom just makes sure to give Lena a ton of exercise and that usually keeps her out of dog trouble.

I don’t mind that they (Sampson does at times too) destroy their toys, I’d much rather that then something I value (like shoes…) Normally we walk first thing, but on those days when we don’t, well she lets me know.

Your mom is very smart. :-)

Poodles and Chihuahuas also recognize the presence of evil balls and manage to destroy them. It’s a thing dogs do to protect the ones they love.

3. Frankie Furter and Ernie says

ALL Stuffies MUST be UN STUFFIED… THAT is the RULE!!!! One MUST get the EVIL outta there… STUFFING is EVIL. Doesn’t EVERYBUDDY know that?

I think there are some humans that don’t understand what the stuffies are made for Frankie. Thankfully you are one of the lucky guys.

Ha ha – a bored dog is often destructive. Our male Cocker uses toys to indicate his needs. A small toy presented with a backwards glance means toilet break. The biggest means walk NOW,

When she has to go outside to potty she usually goes to the door and growls, I need to get a bell for the back door and teach her to use that, because Hubby cannot hear her, despite the fact that he is sitting not more than 10 feet away from her.

Funny you should ask. Ducky barks at us when she needs to go out or when she’s bored and wants to play. (Right now she’s quiet but I hope I haven’t jinxed it!) Shadow and Callie go to the door to the room downstairs (where the back door is) and wait as long as they can before starting to bark and/or whine at us. When they want attention, they sit and look at us with “the look” that says you haven’t given me any attention for at least 5 seconds.
    Now you better go check on “Delilah Destructo”. :-)

That was so naughty, Delilah. But the toys only got what they deserved. Sometimes they say crazy things and we have to fight them. Sometimes the jackasses in my head say crazy things, too. It’s hard to tell the difference.

Good thing you killed that evil ball Delilah! You and Scout would make a great pair! He killed his cow toy just the other day :( Toys just aren’t safe at our house!

LOL we love watching them destroy toys. Some toys are safe for a while and then BAM and other times they barely last a few seconds. :-)

That depends on what Georgia needs. If its a walk, then her M.O. is Step 1. The Look. 2. The Paw on Human 3. The Bark 4. The Tantrum…pretty much what Delilah did…take out all the toys that usually never get touched, throw them all over the house, shred and disembowel. Step 4. If all that doesn’t work, go to bed, sulk and ignore us for the rest of the day/night.