Monday Mischief – 3-5-13

We’ve had some nice days this past week.  Days warm enough to melt a LOT of the snow we had on the ground.

Snow Of course some areas don’t get as much sun than others.

Some Snow Some get a little bit.

No snow Some get a lot.

water And then some get flooded.

It makes for a lot of mischief on a walk. :-) Which makes for the Monday Mischief Blog hop, hosted by Alfie’s Blog, Snoopy’s Blog and My Brown Newfies.

Comments

Looks a little bit like what we encountered yesterday! I tried my best to avoid some of the huge mud holes but Leroy would walk through all of them! One time I swore he nudged me into one on purpose!

LOL not Leroy! Delilah is on the long leash so sometimes she drags me places I don’t want to go. :-)

At least you can see the ground and that flooded spot looks very tempting. We still have a foot or more of snow on the ground up at the cabin. No walks for us! :)

the brown dawgs

Wow Pamela, I bet you enjoy them that much more when you can finally get in there. If you have a winter with no snow can you walk there, or does it ice up because of the water from the falls?

Some days yes, when it’s not too cold we can use the hose, but when it’s cold, yup bath time!

We haven’t really gotten that much snow but with what little we got, along with rain, the ground is saturated. Grass is matted down and little pools form around your shoes when you walk. Can’t wait for the warm weather!

Ugh! We have that were we are too. We were walking through the field and I said I don’t know which is worse, the snow, the ice, or the soft grass!

Most of our trails (and the yard) is still covered in bumpy, rough ice. We’ve been playing in the house to avoid potential injuries to feet and legs. We’re expecting warm weather later this week, so hopefully we’ll see the ground too!

Everytime I see where you walk at it looks so much like the nature center we walk at I wonder if it isnt the same place….. But I bet there are several places that look like Christensen’s…… that next to last picture of that trail I walk in a spot just like that….
    In fact all of them look like that…..
    The Collies and Chuck :)