Still More Thoughts From a Walk

Here is another post about thoughts that, Sampson, Delilah or I have on one of our walks.  You can find part one here and part two here.

This particular thought process would be thoughts we might have had on our Hunting Bigfoot Walk.

I pull up to the park, sling Sampson’s leash over my shoulder and jump out of the car.  I gingerly lift the back hatch, shouting “Wait!” as I do so.

Sampson darts out of the car.  I call him back, get him back inside the car and try again.  This time it takes.  They wait patiently, I unclip Delilah’s leash and say, “Okay, free dog.”

Both dogs race into the park, they are almost at the field by the time I push through the snow.

“Here” I shout.

They both run back to me, I treat them and give them the hunting Bigfoot spiel.

Someone with a big foot has been or is here.

Someone with a big foot has been or is here.

Sampson – Whatever mom, I’ll keep my eyes peeled, but I’ve got pee-mail to check.

Who is she kidding

Delilah – Bigfoot? What the woof is she smoking? That foot is barely bigger than hers.

Me – I have to pee.

We make our way to the back of the woods.

Me – I still have to pee.  We’re all alone up here, no-one would know.

More Sniff

Sampson -  This is definitely not eau de dog.

Delilah – Look at her over there, she can match her foot to every print in here, it isn’t going to change the fact that she has man-sized feet.  I think I saw a mouse using one of her old shoes for a boat.

We head down the hill towards the field.

Toilet

Sampson – I think Big Foot took a leak in our woods.

Delilah – There is NO Bigfoot, it’s just someone with a bigger foot than mom’s.

Me - But what would I wipe with?

Looks at hands.  Hey I’ve got gloves…

I really thought that, but no I did not use my gloves.  I did hurry home though. :-)

Did you ever imagine what your pets are thinking?

Comments

Ick Jen! LOL I would have used the glove before I did that! Yes, for some reason because you have no toilet accessible you need to pee!

I would rather imagine what they are saying than actually knowing what they are saying. Some secrets should stay in the animal world.

Hahahaha! I’ve tossed around the idea of a post having to do with the urge to urinate when out on a walk. It’s happened to me several times and is never fun. But I wasn’t sure if I was the right person to handle such a topic with the right level of humour. You clearly are. :-) I love that Sampson is so matter of fact about it all!

Oh Kristine, I’m sure you could have done wonderfully with this! What is it about walking and having to tinkle?

Sometimes, I am jealous that Blueberry can just pee willy nilly wherever she wants and it is socially acceptable and sometimes, when we are walking and I really really have to go – I swear she pees extra times just to taunt me.

Also, I am glad you did not give in and have to use your gloves. LOL – you are so funny!

Oh yes, I think there was some envy going on on my part. They tinkle all over the place. I agree, I wish I could just pee willy nilly!

I think Cali is finding it quite satisfying to walk as slow as possible while I am freezing to death in the pouring rain. “I’m old, you’ll have to deal with it lady!” . . .I can just hear her snickering to herself!

BTW, socks are always an option :)

5. don't want it known says

OK – great walking woods near me called Lake Mohegan. Walking with my dog and my friend who had her two dogs. Really had to pee and we are at least forty minutes from the car. We are way in the back behind a big pond (or smaller lake) with lots of trees. After thinking about it I start to walk behind the trees while my friend throws sticks in the water for the dogs to chase (to keep them busy). I am just about to pull my pants up, when there are three dogs staring at me. Who knows what they were thinking? The funniest thing – my dog pees on top of my pee before she walks away. Sometimes you just have to go.

Oh, I have stories about that too, but I won’t add them here. :-) LOL I love the story though. I guess she was telling you that you were in her territory! LOL

Hey Sampson, Hey Delilah, Jetty here. Hi Miss Jodi.

Mom asked me to share… ALL THE TIME! She even says the words out loud to others in what she imagines would be our voices! The humans laugh, so….