Hunting Bigfoot

I have big feet.

It’s mostly due to their width, if they were hairy and dirty they’d be Hobbit feet.  But they’re not. Hairy and dirty I mean, nor are they Hobbit feet.

Sorry, I digress.  For the sake of the post, let’s just call them large.

Before we had the huge snowfall this past weekend, we had a slight covering on Christmas morning.

One of the things I love about walking in the fresh snow is observing tracks of creatures two and four-legged that have traveled the trails before us.

We discovered someone or something bigger than I, had already been through the trails.

That's a big foot!

That’s a big foot!

I called the dogs to me.

Sampson, Delilah listen to me.  There may be something very large on these trails.  We need to be sharp if we’re going to catch this wily creature.

Roger that mom, never fear, we’re on the trail.

So you're saying it's large and hairy and probably smells bad?

I'll go first and see if I can pick up his trail.

I’ll go first and see if I can pick up his trail.

You go that way Sampson, I think I smell something back here.  Oh wait, that's just mom.

You go that way Sampson, I think I smell something back here. Oh wait, that’s just mom.

He's definitely been in these leaves.

He’s definitely been in these leaves.

Well he's not down here.

Well he’s not down here.

It looks like there's been a fire, do you think he knows how to start one?

It looks like there’s been a fire, do you think he knows how to start one?

Mom sprang a trap that Bigfoot had set to catch dinner.   Lucky we were here to save her.

Mom sprang a trap that Bigfoot had set to catch dinner. Lucky we were here to save her.

Oh NO!  His foot prints are all over these sleigh tracks.  I hope he didn't eat Santa.

Oh NO! His foot prints are all over these sleigh tracks. I hope he didn’t eat Santa.

Piss on you Bigfoot!  Stay out of our woods.

Piss on you Bigfoot! Stay out of our woods.

We've sniffed and searched mom, I think we're safe.

We’ve sniffed and searched mom, I think we’re safe.

Well after almost an hour of searching we had to come to the conclusion that either Bigfoot was good at hiding, or there is in reality, no Bigfoot.

Did you ever encounter something odd on any of your walks?

Comments

LOL I’m glad you like it. I do have big feet, they are bigger because no-one carries the size I need in quadruple wide. hehehe

I think S & D did awesome.

No matter what conclusion you came to My Vickie is convinced there is a bigfoot. From day one, she has told me that one day we might come across a big hairy creature on our walks and that no matter how I feel, I should “RUN” “RUN” in the opposite direction. She promised she would be right be hind me, After she gets one picture……. She is a total bigfoot fan.

Good Days
    Bert

I do the same thing on our walks, especially now that Leroy and I are taking to walking in the woods. Seeing animal tracks makes me nervous, even if they are small. I’m so afraid that something is going to jump out and attack us!
    Hope your knee feels better soon:)

Jen, you should get a pepper blaster like I have, it has two loads that will shoot up to 25 feet.

Thanks the knee comes and goes. :-(

Oh yes, I remember that story, it was funny stuff!! You have a great 2013 too Leo!! And Doggy, definitely Doggy!

That was a scary story. I’m kind of glad you didn’t find anybody. Once I dug and dug in the icy snow and found a potato chip! Yay!

LOL! Hilarious Jodi. Thank you for the laugh. Please make sure the kids watch out for this Bigfoot next time you go out.

To answer your question, the strangest thing we ever saw on our walk at the dog park was a coyote (on New Year’s Day a couple of years ago) hanging out outside the dog park, with his two much shyer buddies, and tossing a deer leg bone in the air and catching it. No kidding. He didn’t even mind the crowd that developed, wanting to take a picture.

Thanks Mel, it’s funny how these thoughts roll around in your mind during a walk.

That coyote story is wild! I would have been freaking out. LOL Will he eat me, will he eat my dog, will someone kill him? Ah, the mind of the neurotics. :-)

Sampson & Delilah really look out for you, checking and sniffing everywhere! They are awesome – and that last photo of Delilah looking up at you is a hoot, I love it!

She was so cute, it’s hard to get good pictures of her because she is so dark. Which is one of the things I love about winter and the snow, I get some really great photos of her. :-)

6. Sue at The Golden Life (aka samsnortherngirl.wordpress.com) says

I have big, wide feet, too, so you’re not alone there…inherited them from my mom. Since I can’t remember the last time we had snow — two years ago? three? — Callie & Shadow have to settle for the mud in the backyard (grass doesn’t grow at all in the SC shade). Ducky would rather eat the mud, I do believe. She still hasn’t figured out that all the garbage she eats makes her tummy groan and grimace, but she will eventually…for now she’s a canine trash disposal unit. Dang, I miss the snowfalls of my childhood! Made some great snow men and snow forts back then with my dad and older brother! Have a great walk in the snow, and send me some of the white stuff down here in Greenville, SC.

LOL – love this story! And I love the pictures of the pups. Looks like you have a beautiful place to walk them.

I track all sorts of animals through our yard. It was fun with Beau but it’s a little nerve-wracking with Bella – I’m always afraid she’s going to start something with the wrong animal.

I took a photo of a track in the yard last week in the snow that has me curious. It’s bigger than my hand (which is, admittedly small for a human but rather large for an animal) with four toenails. I’m a bit confused by it but found no other tracks like it. I’m striking it up to a large dog that slid in the snow that made the print look larger than it really is. Either that or it’s the bear again. :/