Co-Hosted Follow-Up Friday 11-2-12

Welcome to Co-Hosted Follow-Up Friday, the blog hop that let’s you wrap up your week and leads you right into the weekend.

Follow-Up Friday Blog Hop

Joining me as co-host this week, is the devastatingly handsome, extremely polite and incredibly (VBP) intelligent, Jetty from Hey…It’s Jet Here.  Thanks for joining me in co-hosting duties this week, Jetty.

What Was I Thinking – Update

Well it’s here.  Yesterday started NaNoWriMo.  Thank you for all your thoughts and well wishes.  I’ve decided the best way to do this is to follow Rosemary’s advice and just write.

I have a tendency to over analyze things and I think that’s what’s got me hung up with the first book.  I started thinking too much then I went back to the beginning and started making changes.

You can’t do that when you’re writing a book, that part is for the editing portion. I’m just going to write.  And I’m going to try and leave myself some time on the weekends where I have nothing to do but write.

Yesterday I got 1,947 words written.

Riding The Storm Out – Update

We made it through Sandy just fine.  Don’t get me wrong, it was a bad storm and some areas of the state were really hit hard, but we escaped virtually unscathed.  We did lose power for a day but that was nothing.

I was very impressed with the way our Governor and the utility companies handled the storm.  IMO they were extremely proactive and very prepared.

I’ve been keeping an eye on the news, looking at photos and hearing the stories.  I know people who were affected.

My heart really goes out to all the people who lost their homes and loved ones.  Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Halloween Pet Safety – Note

I left Hubby to handle the first half of Halloween at Stone Manor and went trick or treating with my grandchildren.  Did any of you get to trick or treat with the Amazing Spiderman?

Now that’s one spider whose web I don’t mind being caught in.

After about 1/2 an hour I headed home to help Hubby man the door.

Once Sampson and Delilah realized there were kids out there that were actually coming to our house, they couldn’t stay still.  They spent a good part of the night waiting at the top of the stairs.

Maybe these ones will come inside.

This ‘N That Thursday - Update

I did contact the Holistic vet and I am picking up some Chinese herbs today (Body Sore) that I will use instead of the Meloxicam.  I told Hubby after the holidays I will make an appointment for Sampson to be seen by the Holistic vet and hopefully we can get him on something that will help that ligament heal up well.

That’s me wrapping up my week, special thanks goes to my co-host the fabulous Jet from Hey…It’s Jet Here.

Comments

Hey Sampson, Hey Delilah, Jetty here. Hi Miss Jodi.

“devastatingly handsome, extremely polite and incredibly (VBP) intelligent”… Mom says I’m turning pink, blushing so much… too kind, too kind… pshawwwww…. Mom also said we’re hiring you guys (Mom’s NJ term of endearment) to write my press kit!!! :)

We’re honored you asked us to co-host. :)

Hi Y’all!

First, since I’ve never written a book, I give my writing “little thought”, unless I have the brainstorm before I find time for the ‘puter.

Second, there is no Halloween or trick or treat in our areas. We are very, very rural. My Human even got irritated when UPS told her that was why her overnight package hadn’t arrived. ;) So, I’ve never seen a trick or treat…or a spider man…spiders yes, spider men, no. Are they like when I grew fangs or reflective eyes?

Y’all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

I am glad to hear the storm wasn’t too bad for you. There has been more than enough devastation for one week.

I think NaNoWriMo is supposed to just be about getting words on the page. They don’t have to be amazing, they just have to be there. It’s more about the practice than it is about the next Great American Novel. Not that I have ever participated. I usually participate in NaBloPoMo, however, and am still undecided about this year. Maybe I’ll just see how it goes.

Have a great weekend!

We’re eager to find out how well the herbal methods work. We haven’t used them but they sound promising and we would like to avoid medicines when we can.

Good luck with the writing, just take it easy.
    I dreamed I submitted a 6,000 word article for the Pulitzer and because I roll that way I’ll write and submitted, I wanna see the rejection letter. (This is totally unrelated to your writing, you know I’m a fan of yours)
    I’m doing Follow-Up Friday tomorrow lol

Great spiderman costume!

Impressive word count for the first day. Keep up the good work. :-)

Glad to hear you are okay. It’s so difficult to listen to all the sad stories due to the storm.

Good luck with Nanowrimo! I wanted to join as well, but I just couldn’t find the time!
    Anyway, I heard from Jet you needed extra lovies! So here it is!

I’m glad I’m not the only crazy person I know doing NaNoWriMo. Though as you can see, I am procrastinating by commenting on blogs rather than writing tonight. Oops.

I used to write for theatre/tv and the thing with over thinking your whole story (I found) is that my characters would do and say things I never intended them to and then I’d have to change the whole story! You’ve totally nailed it – all you can do is write what you write and edit it all later! (And PS, if I catch you on Facebook again, I’m sending Koly to sit on you.)