There was quite a positive response to a Blogville calendar.
If we’re going to pull this off, it will have to be fairly quick.
Since the idea came so late in the year the rules will be simple, the submittal and voting process will be streamlined.
Hopefully this can become an annual fund-raiser and the next year won’t be as rushed.
As you know I love to run everything by you and have you help me in the decision process. Partly because I’m indecisive but mostly because I want this website to feel like it’s something you’re a part of.
That being said, I threw some general rules down and welcome your input.
- The 12 photos with the most votes will go in the 2013 Blogville Dogs and Their Rescue Cause Calendar.
- You can submit more than one photo of your dog, however only one photo per blog, per calendar. (Example, I submit a photo of Sampson, a photo of Delilah and a photo of the two of them together. Two of the photos are in the top twelve vote getters. The top vote getter will go in the calendar and the other photo will not be used.) In this manner we ensure that at least 12 different dogs (blogs) are in the calendar.
- Good quality photos only!
- The photo with the most votes also goes on the cover.
- The dogs in the photo do not have to be rescued dogs.
- The charity of the dogs in the photo however DOES have to be a rescue/shelter or animal charity.
- Photos will be submitted over the course of one week.
- Voting will be for one week.
- Photos for each month will be determined randomly by draw.
- You can use your social media tools to get people to vote for you, in other words…promote, promote, promote!
These are not ‘hard and fast, set in stone rules.’ They are a simple guideline to try to get this process going.
I know voting isn’t always the easiest way to choose, but I don’t know of any other way. If anyone has an idea for a different process, please either send me an e-mail at email@example.com or leave it in the comments.
I’ve been googling around for a customizable calendar, right now it looks like the price will go for about $15 per calendar, which should include ALL costs. But in order to get an accurate cost I need to know approximately how many calendars are needed. If you’re interested in purchasing a Blogville Calendar can you please let me know in the comment section and tell me how many you’d be interested in.
Oh and by the way, those of you who offered to help, let me know what you are willing to do. “-)
Did I leave anything out? If I did, please make a note in the comment.